Sunday, February 27, 2011  

[Arc Touch Mouse...]

My desktop at work is going to be changed to a laptop soon. And as it turns out, we will not be issued a mouse. My employer is really big on cost-cutting, but it was becoming ridiculous.

Anyway, shortly before I bought my Arc Mouse, I read that Microsoft will soon be releasing the Arc Touch Mouse. But that was still a few months away and I needed a mouse then, so I bought the Arc Mouse.

Now that I need a mouse at work, I went looking for one today. And what a nice surprise it was when I found out that the Arc Touch is now available!


It was sold out at Challenger so I got it at Newstead. Kinda pricey at $89, but I think it is worth every cent. The Arc Mouse allows itself to be folded into half. The Arc Touch Mouse takes this to another level - it allows itself to be flattened!

Besides that, the scroll-wheel is also pretty unique. There is no wheel, per se. It's more like a touch-pad, something like what you'd see on a laptop. But this "scroll-wheel" comes with force-feedback, so it feels like you are scrolling a traditional scroll-wheel. I was really blown away by this feature.

I haven't really started using it as I intend to use it only in the office, but so far I think this is really an exceptionally well-designed mouse. The only issue are the lack of additional mouse buttons. Even the Arc Mouse had one. But I guess that is understandable due to the form-factor.

Can't wait for my laptop at work to arrive so I can use this!

^^^ by Locksley @ 1:04 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS