Tuesday, February 13, 2007  

[Crushed!]

When I sit next to someone on the bus, I try not to sit too close to him/her. Even if this meant that half my butt-cheek was hanging in the air. Actually, if that's the case, I wouldn't have taken the seat at all.

Not everyone thinks the same way.

I was preparing for a presentation on the bus on the way to school today. The bus wasn't packed and I managed to get a window seat. So there I was, with my pen out and two sets of papers on my lap.

Somewhere along the way, this guy got up. I don't know if he did it on purpose or something, but he sat really close, next to me, on the aisle seat. I was irritated as hell because I was moving my papers around, scribbling some last minute thoughts onto them for the presentation. It was difficult because his right arm was actually pressed up against my left, limiting my movements. He's about my size...We're both a tad above-average.

I didn't give a shit. I went about my business. He finally got the message a little later, and switched seats. Phew.

I thought it was over. I was wrong.

At the very next stop, a mastodon got onto the bus. I have nothing against "bigger" people. Hell, I'm above-average sized myself. I just felt that if you belong to the "big" category, you need to be considerate in situations like this. This guy made the previous guy looked like Kate Moss.

New guy crushed me. For real, this time. Look at my left shoulder/arm.


And you can see here...My right shoulder was pressed up against the side of the bus. I wasn't hoarding space or anything.


There's the guy. Mind you, I'm not a small guy or anything. But I was properly crushed against the side of the bus by this guy. You know the phrase "between a rock and a hard place"? Well, I'm between a fat "big" guy and a hard place.


I was half expecting to be on Punk'd or something like that. What were the chances of getting squashed by a big guy followed by an even bigger guy? I really felt crushed, as he was pushing on my left shoulder/arm and I had no space to move. I had difficulty taking things from my bag because my left arm was immobilised. And he didn't even have the basic courtesy to move/adjust himself when I was having trouble with my stuff. I could actually feel him breathing because when he inhaled, the pressure on me was stronger.

The only saving grace? They didn't stink. Unlike another incident that happened about 2-years ago.

After I got off the bus, I realised I had pins-and-needles in my left arm/shoulder as the blood circulated again. Cripes....Never again!

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:10 PM. 1 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

awww so warm and cosy! :D
[<---Back to Main]
RSS