Friday, May 19, 2006  

[Can't think of one...]

It had to happen sooner or later. After doing this for 2 and a half years, I've finally ran out of ideas for the post title. I hope this is a temporary thing...

Went out with Cindy today, to catch up on what's going on with one another. All this time I thought she was working for Unilever, turns out it was for Broadcom. Since she needed to get a new hard disk and additional RAM, we went to SLS. I've been to SLS a lot, but I've never noticed this shop.


If you want to enter this shop, you better use some protection. If you're the shop owner (and you're reading this right now), please don't sue me for making fun of your shop's name. Here's why:
  1. It's free publicity.
  2. Seriously, when you name your shop after an infectious disease, you know you had it coming.
  3. This can't be the first time someone's pointed it out.
  4. I'm a poor student with less than S$1,000 in my bank account. I have nothing you can sue for.
Seeing how it seems to be very popular to sue people nowadays (p2pnet, Creative/Apple, the men in white...), I thought it's better to be on the safe side and explain myself before I get served.

Moving on....The last time I was at SLS was when Subby needed a new system. I took a picture of a very lonely and sad lucky draw box that day, and guess what? After 9 days, it's still empty.


I bought a new set of keyboard/mouse today. The keyboard's for me, and the mouse's for my sister. My previous keyboard was Microsoft's Internet Keyboard Pro, and I must have been using it for like....6 or 7 years? It cost me over S$80 when I bought it. I had to get it then (even though it was an insane price to pay for a keyboard) because I upgraded my entire system and totally forgot about the keyboard. The keyboard I had was one of those with an old PS/2 connector (I was told that that's also called a PS/2 connector) which was big and had a coiled wire (like the telephone). So I spent the afternoon assembling the system, and when the time came to plug in the keyboard to start the system, I couldn't because the keyboard from my previous system couldn't be used. I was so tired and somewhat pissed at that point that I just went down to the nearest Harvey Norman and bought the first keyboard I saw.

The mouse was meant for my sister, as the one she's using with her laptop was giving her some problems. I totally forgot that her laptop did not come with any PS/2 ports, so she needed a USB mouse and not a PS/2 one. Oops.....So anyway, the mouse is now sitting in my cupboard. May the day will come when I can find a use for it. No way in hell am I gonna use it instead of my current MX310. Incidentally, my MX310 cost more than the keyboard/mouse combo I bought today...Haha!


I'm actually still not used to the new keyboard yet. The keys are a little smaller, and white-on-black instead of black-on-white/beige. After staring at a bright, white screen, looking down onto a black keyboard to look for the key you need can be blinding.


One good thing though, Logitech trashed the Insert key. About time. It's only good for punking yourself out when you're using a word processor. And don't even pretend like you don't know what I'm talking about.

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:09 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Buy a USB adapter for the PS/2 mouse...or check with ur friends if they have 1 sitting in their storeroom. The adapter is quite common with people who have laptop for a long time.
The mouse not good one... So sensitive that when you tried to move it up, it goes all over the screen. :(
[<---Back to Main]
RSS