Wednesday, August 27, 2014  

[Happy now...]

I wonder, how many of us are really happy at work?

I've worked at a few different organisations. Four, to be exact. I find that no matter where I go, I can't seem to be happy. I may be happy at first, I may be happy for a few weeks or months at a time, but eventually, something happens that either saps all my energy, or make me so angry, that I start questioning whether is this all worth it.

There are, of course, people who stay at the same job and/or organisation for a long time. I can't believe their experience is that much different from mine. They must face the same difficulties at one time or another.

Which begs the question, is this normal? Is it normal for people to feel this way about their jobs? Is it normal for people to feel "burnt out" all the time? Some people quit and leave the corporate world after a number of years to start something and be their own bosses. Maybe these are the ones who felt that a 9-to-5 job doesn't suit them.

I'll be away from office for two weeks, starting next week. I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm looking forward to ICT. It would give me some time to think about this.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:59 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS