Monday, June 30, 2014  

[The meaning of life...]

I’ve been having these thoughts for the longest time. They keep coming to me and I keep pushing them out of my mind. Mainly because I don’t think I have the answers to the questions I’m asking myself.

We drag our weary selves to work every day, packed like sardines on public transport. We spend eight to nine hours at the office, working on things that sometimes don’t even matter. At the end of the day, we make our way home, again packed like sardines on public transport. And the next day, we get to do it all over again.

The only thing getting us through the week is the prospect of the coming weekend. When it’s finally here, we realise we have so much to do. All the things we wanted to do but had no time to do on weekdays fill our time on weekends. We would be lucky if we could get some rest and go back to work on Monday recharged.

Is this the meaning of life? Shouldn’t life be more than this?

I’ve been thinking about this for quite some time. I’m beginning to realise that maybe a regular, nine to five, desk-bound job is not for me. I would love to be able to work from home, but most of these jobs are not too stable, and will probably not be able to pay me the amount I am earning at my current job.

I’ve thought about doing something on the side, something that would provide me a secondary source of income. And if it proves viable, I would quit my regular job and focus on it full-time. One of the options I’ve considered was working with a drop-shipper. I won’t go into the details, but this proved difficult when I started looking into the details. There will be quality-control and inventory issues. The biggest issue, I gather, is what if people purchase from me items that are out-of-stock on my drop-shipper’s side.

I’ve also considered being a writer. I have a few ideas about the possible storylines and fictional world that I could create. These days, it’s not too hard to write something and publish it yourself. However, I’m not sure if I am imaginative enough to take it all the way.

This question just comes back, again and again. It is something I cannot answer. I don’t know if I would ever be able to. I don’t find a lot of meaning in working for someone else. Working on things that, sometimes, don’t even matter. Am I destined to live my life like this till I’m old and grey?

Hopefully, I will find the answer to this question soon.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:16 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS