Sunday, April 20, 2014  

[Change...]

Human beings, by default, don't like change. I am no different. Why are we like this? Maybe it's an evolutionary thing. A fear of the unknown? Perhaps deep down, nobody likes surprises. After all, not all surprises are pleasant.

I have always been a fan of routines. I think most of us have them. For me, they help to ensure I don't forget anything important. I pick up the items to bring with me every morning when I leave home for work, in the same order. That way, I know I wouldn't have forgotten anything. I do something similar when I'm done for the day at work.

Lately, I've discovered that my routines are changing. Out of necessity sometimes. My life is changing. I used to have a lot of time for myself. After getting married earlier this year, I am now waiting for my flat to be ready. And it will be ready soon, too. We will need to renovate the flat, buy our furniture and appliances, and subsequently move in and live our own lives.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that since last year, from the time we started planning for our wedding, things in my life have been changing. The life I knew, the life I was comfortable with, is slowly evolving. Before the end of the year, that life that I knew will be gone.

Sometimes I just feel that too many things are happening too quickly, all at once, in quick succession. I'm not saying I don't want to change, that I want to remain where I currently am. It's just hard, sometimes, to leave behind the things you're familiar with. The support structure that's served you well over the years. The things you're familiar with, the things that you've grown accustomed to.

Nobody likes change. Yet change is the only constant.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:20 PM. 1 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Maybe consider what is changing? The environment and things may change, but those things dear to you like relationships and values may not change. :)
[<---Back to Main]
RSS