Friday, August 09, 2013  

[New phone!]

I bought the HTC Butterfly S on Wednesday. Time to let my One X go. The GPS isn't working anymore and the speaker is getting a little soft. I don't know what causes this. This is not the first time this has happened. I was unable to have a conversation in a slightly-noisy food-court recently, and I thought that it was time for a change.

I've finished setting up the phone, and one of the things I'm looking forward to is the improved battery life. The Butterfly S packs a gigantic 3200 mAh battery, bigger than the one in Samsung Note 2. However, the power draw of the Butterfly S is higher than the Note 2 so while I expect it to last longer than my One X, I don't think it will last as long as the Note 2.

Setting up the phone was relatively painless, except for the whole business with the SD card. About 30 seconds after I insert the memory card, the phone will have an error and said the memory card was unexpectedly removed. The memory card would then be "bricked" and require a format.

I looked online for a solution and what I found was probably the worst thing I could encounter when looking up a problem online. Many people encountered the same problem, and most of them changed memory cards. Of the people who managed to resolve the issue, each of them did something different.

This is essentially a common problem but no one seems to know what's causing it and how to fix it. A most terrifying proposition.

I managed to resolve it using a method that no one else seems to have used. I turned off Fast Boot, restarted the phone, and inserted the memory card with no problems after that.

Now all I need are some nice phone covers. I couldn't find one I liked in the stores right now since the phone is so new. I did get one anyway to protect the camera lens, but it's the soft-gel type and it's a bit thick. It makes it difficult to press the power button and the earphone jack doesn't fit very well.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:01 PM. 1 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

should post a picture of your new phone.. :)
[<---Back to Main]
RSS