Friday, August 09, 2013  

[Moving on...]

Ever since my first mobile phone, I've been storing my contacts on the SIM card. The reason I do this is so that if I changed phones, I could bring the contacts along with me if I use the same SIM card. If not, the telcos are usually able to help copy the contacts from one SIM card to the next.

These days, everything is stored in the cloud. Frankly, I love it. I love how I can access my Google Calendar on my phone and on my laptop, the same goes for my information on Evernote and Google Drive.

I changed operator when I bought my HTC Butterfly S. Time to junk the SIM card for one from my new telco. In the course of doing so, I thought I would start storing my contacts on Google instead.

I had over 230 contacts on my SIM card. Going through all of them, I deleted quite a few of them. People from the past. Schoolmates, ex-colleagues, and friends who have drifted apart. I cut out about 90 contacts in total. For some reason, I don't know why, it feels therapeutic. I feel like I'm letting go of some of the past, and moving on. After all, I am starting on a new job next week and getting married next year. A lot of changes are coming, and just as well, I should be letting go of the past.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:09 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS