Thursday, May 26, 2011  

[When is the bus coming?]

Recently, SBS Transit introduced a captcha code on their Iris websites. Apps that provide bus timings failed. Most people were pissed. People wrote in to ST Forum, describing it as a lose-lose situation.

I disagree.

In the first place, these apps have no business using the information. If the same thing happened in school, it would have been considered as plagiarism. The other thing is that these apps flood the Iris website with so many queries that legit users, such as myself, am unable to get the bus timings and instead got a bunch of different HTTP errors.

I think it was a brilliant move by SBS to introduce captcha code for the Iris websites. Ever since then, I have not had a single problem accessing the service, even during peak hours.




There was an article about allergies in the papers today. It says that most kids outgrow food allergies by the time they are 10-years old. But those with shellfish allergies usually don't outgrow them. Only two out of ten children do so.

I guess I could count myself lucky then. A few years ago, I realised that I was no longer allergic to shellfish. And the interesting thing is that people who are allergic to shellfish tend to also be allergic to dust mites, as both of these things have the same "trigger".

I hope I would outgrow my dust allergy one day.

But I guess I could count myself lucky for outgrowing my shellfish allergy.

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:45 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS