Sunday, March 06, 2011  

[Stuff breaking down...]

Traditionally, I have bought only mouse and keyboards from Logitech. I stopped buying hardware from them when two of their keyboards gave me a lot of grief. One of them lost all the printing on the keys while the other was designed such that you need to hit the keys at a 45-degree angle in order for the key to go down and your input registered. I'm not really sure why they made it like that. Do people really hit keyboard keys at a 45-degree angle? I sure don't.

So I switched back to Microsoft. I have bought a Microsoft keyboard in the past that I used for the longest time, but that was a time when computer peripherals were still beige and white. So it was a long time ago. Anyway, I bought a wireless mouse and keyboard combo and they shared the same receiver. It was good, until I realised a few of the keys on the keyboard did not work. I managed to get a new set replaced by Microsoft, who sent it to my door-step which was phenomenal service on their part.

My next Microsoft hardware purchases were the Arc Mouse and the Arc Touch. I can't say much about the Arc Touch as I only just got it and haven't really started using it yet. But now my Arc Mouse has a problem.

For some reason, all the batteries I've used in the mouse has leaked. A clear, transparent liquid leaks out from the battery compartment. There is no apparent smell or anything, but that's definitely not supposed to happen. Also, a blue residue is building up around the battery contact points which is interfering with the power that the batteries are supplying to the mouse.

I've written to them, asking for a replacement. Let's see how they respond. In any case, it is most disappointing to have two out of the three Microsoft hardware I've purchased recently requiring some sort of after-sale service.

^^^ by Locksley @ 3:59 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS