Monday, March 28, 2011  

[Excited...]

It's been almost a week, but I am still pretty excited.

I've been applying for a HDB flat since July last year. I haven't been applying for every exercise. Only the ones that appealed to us. It's not easy getting a good queue number. Sometimes, we didn't even get a number.

The time-line is pretty complicated, but long story short, we were invited for to select a flat at two different locations in Punggol. One BTO, and the other SBF. A check online showed that the only units left were on the second and third floors. It was around this time when an application for new BTO units in my current area opened.

We were in a bad situation. We didn't want units on the second and third floor, so we were going to reject the two chances we have at Punggol. This means we would no longer be considered as first-timers for a year. This also effectively means we can forget about getting a brand-new, BTO flat.

It was at this time that they announced that the application period will be shortened. I emailed and called them - it didn't apply for the BTO in my area. It will only apply for the one after that. Which means, rightfully speaking, we would have turned down the Punggol offers and lost our first-timer statuses before the ballot for the BTO in my area began.

We were sunk.

But as it turned out, the information I got was wrong. The new, shorter application process was already in place and I got my ballot number for the BTO in my area. A very good number, at about 27% of the total units available. Pretty sure we can get a unit we want.

It was incredibly lucky. If we didn't make it this time round, we would have to spend more money shopping in the resale market. The location this time round is also much better than the previous recent BTOs.

So excited.

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:32 PM. 1 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

and you just can't hide it~!
:D
[<---Back to Main]
RSS