Friday, March 18, 2011  

[The aftermath...]

The past week was a busy one for me at work. I was involved in a project which kept me very busy. It also exposed a lot of the problems we have in the company, as far as how we dealt with our IT assets. It also exposed the shortcomings of our vendor, the very same one who killed a very popular bank's ATMs recently.

Anyway, because I was really busy, I did not have time to read the papers carefully. I read mostly the headlines and scanned through the articles. I knew about what happened in Japan, but only now did I realise exactly how bad it was.


Saw this picture in the papers the other day. Truly a holy shit moment...

My company is in a mini-crisis mode. Flights were getting rescheduled, information being passed down every few hours, and colleagues updating the Intranet website constantly. I never really paid much attention to it because I was extremely busy. But now that I think about it, piecing together what I saw and heard and now I realise what a big deal it is and how hard it was to deal with this crisis. Because of my position, I was not involved at all.

I can't decide if that is a good or a bad thing.

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:04 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS