Thursday, January 27, 2011  

[Bitch of a commute...]

On a normal day, I leave the house at about 6:45am. I have to take three buses in order to get to work. The first bus brings me just two stops away, further up so I could board my second bus. If I go direct to the regular bus-stop for my second bus, I will probably not be able to board because it would be fully packed. I usually get on my second bus at around 7am, and I will reach office before 8:30am.

I wanted to get to work earlier today. I have a workshop in the morning, and I wanted to get in earlier to get some work done before going for the workshop. I woke up earlier, and left the house at 6:15am.

I went to take my first bus, the one that takes me just two stops away. I have three different buses I could take, since all I needed was just to get to another bus-stop nearby. After about ten minutes with no buses, I realised that I might be too early and the first bus for all three choices might not reach my stop anytime soon.

So I walked to the regular bus-stop for my second bus. I thought it would be okay, since I was really early. That was about 6:25am.

Shortly after reaching the regular bus-stop, my bus came. It was totally packed and the driver did not stop. Oh well. I decided to walk to the earlier bus-stop, the one I wanted to get to via my first bus. On my way there, my second bus came, half-empty. I cursed my bad luck, but carried on anyway.

I waited till 6:50am before the next one came. It was packed and the driver did not stop.

By then, the bus-stop was getting crowded. I've never seen so many people at that bus-stop, ever. Most of them wanted to get on the same bus as I. After waiting for another 25 minutes, it finally came. At 7:15am.

I wanted to get to work earlier today. So I made the effort to get up early. Despite my best efforts, it took me one hour before I could get on a bus. One fucking hour.

There were a lot of heated tempers at the bus-stop this morning. Someone took pictures. I simply do not understand why the bus company do not want to send bendy-buses for this service during peak hours. Or why the frequency for this service cannot be shorter.

The silver lining was that I boarded the bus from the exit and did not pay the fare. I was lucky. Some people tried doing the same at the next bus-stop and the driver caught them and shouted at them to get off the bus.

Eventually, I alighted at Eunos and took a cab. Cost me $13 and I was late.

The commute to and from the east...Is really getting me down.




I'm not going to miss Andy Gray. Never liked him. So glad that he's gone.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:46 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS