Wednesday, December 01, 2010  

[Too polite...]

I think that the people at my new current workplace are too polite. The endless greetings from the trainees aside, people are polite to a fault.

These three incidents will illustrate what I mean.

First. I was trying to figure out an issue with the common PCs when a trainee came by to use the other machines. Her bag hit the CPU casing, and she said sorry. Since no one was near her, I can only conclude that she was apologizing to the CPU.

Second. There were three of us in the lift. The door opened. All of us waited for someone to make a move. Nobody did (yes, I drank the Kool-aid). Finally, I walked out of the lift. It was a split-second thing, but it was still weird. It's like the three of us were afraid of the outside world and preferred to stay in the lift.

Third. A woman and I were at opposite sides of a door today. We could see each other through the glass panel. Since the door opens into my side, I stepped back so she could open the door. She opened the door, looked at me, and thanked me. She probably thanked me for moving back. I prefer to think that she thanked me for giving her the chance to open the door for me.

Yeah, I'm a little twisted. But still...It's a little too much. Saying sorry to the CPU...That's my favourite.




A car broke down on the BKE today. Somewhere near the Singtel station. The jam stretched all the way to Paya Lebar. It was insane. That's like...Half of SG?

Took me two and a half hours to reach home. The longest so far.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:11 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS