Thursday, December 16, 2010  

[Bali trip...]

I visited Bali over the weekend, leaving on Saturday and returning on Tuesday. I think Bali is an ideal location for a short holiday. It is relatively cheap and it's not too far away.

Instead of a hotel, we stayed at a villa. I had the idea that it would be something like a bungalow. I was wrong. It's more like a very high-class chalet. We had a "private pool"...


...but it's really more like a jacuzzi. The water bubbles throughout the day. I took this picture early in the day before the staff turned it on.


We had an outdoor shower! I thought this was the coolest thing about the villa. I took all my showers using this outdoor shower, except for the first one on the night we arrived.


The outside of the villa. This is one of two shared swimming pools. But I don't think anyone can do any real swimming.


We visited this volcano...The name escapes me at the moment. The above picture was taken from a buffet restaurant on a mountain next to it.

Can't really capture the view, but it was really spectacular.


We visited the rice terraces next. It wasn't as fun because it was raining then. We stopped, hopped out of the van, took a few pictures and went off on our way.


The next day, we visited the beach...


It's not the most beautiful beach in the world...The sand was brown/black. But the waves were something else. And what I thought was really cool was how long the beach extended out. Here in Singapore, the waves start breaking very close to the beach. In Bali, there is a long flat stretch of sand for the waves to break over.


A ton of deck-chairs. I suspect you need to pay in order to sit on them.


I think it's a good spot for couples to go to, to enjoy some time together and away from the fast-paced life we have here in Singapore.

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:37 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS