Tuesday, November 30, 2010  

[Not a good day...]

I almost used the words "bad day" in the title for this post. But thinking back, it wasn't that bad. I mean, it would have been worse...

Everything was fine and dandy at work today until my supervisor asked me to prepare a project update. Not a big deal, except for two things. I've never heard of the project and the meeting is on Thursday. Senior management will be there.

I managed to get out of it for now. I had time to study what was required and realised it really wasn't that big a deal. However, what was a big deal, was the fact that nobody told me I was supposed to takeover this project.

When I started at my previous job, I was given a good amount of hand-holding and guidance and that really helped me learn about the job. There was proper handing over and the roles and responsibilities were clear. Not so much now, at my current job.

I spent the day getting to know about the project I was supposed to be taking over. It wasn't too complicated. But anyway, I won't be presenting a project update this time round, so it doesn't matter.




I stayed late in office today. Well, not that late, since I left at 6pm. But taking into account that the official knock-off timing is 5:30pm and that it takes me a long time to reach home, 6pm is late. For me anyway.

The journey home was terrible today. It was raining, so I decided to take the MRT all the way instead of changing to a bus like I usually do. I stood the entire time and now my feet hurt. The journey took almost two hours instead of the usual one and a half.

I don't think I can accept this. Not if this happens everyday.

I am thinking of getting a car again. A 5-year old second-hand Lancer or Chevy costs about $30K. Seems reasonable. I always wanted to get a brand-new car...But circumstances change so I guess I should be flexible too.

I'm doing my math and it seems doable. Maybe this is something I can put it action sometime next year. There's a lot of research to be done. Other than driving, I don't really know much about cars. I certainly don't want to be taken for a ride by a second-hand car dealer.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:04 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS