Saturday, November 06, 2010  

[New beginnings...]

The first week at my new workplace is over. It wasn't too bad. The colleagues are generally nice, although there is one person whom I think can be difficult at times. I just need to be more careful when it comes to dealing with her. My supervisor seems quite motherly...I don't think I will have any problems with her.

The office layout is quite different from my previous workplace. It takes some getting used to. From about ten colleagues to over fifty now. I won't deal with most of them on a regular basis, but it is still feel a bit overwhelming.

The only thing I have an issue with right now is the commute. It can be quite an ordeal. In the mornings, I need to make a total of four "mini-trips" to get to my office. There's a lot of walking involved as well, and I am usually sweating quite a bit by the time I reach my cubicle. I make three "mini-trips" in the evening to get home. The journey takes about 80 to 90 minutes each way. Hope I can get used to it soon.

The first few days were a pain. I lost my entire "support structure". Didn't know anybody, didn't have my things with me, didn't know where to find what I needed...Basically, all the rules and ways of working changed overnight. It was tough. And I missed my former colleagues.

Thank goodness Friday was a holiday. A short week was easier to deal with. I'll be on course for two days next week so it would be a short week of sorts as well. As for the week after next, Wednesday is a public holiday so I can take a breather in the middle of the week. Guess I should be thankful for small mercies.

^^^ by Locksley @ 12:21 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS