Thursday, July 22, 2010  

[Unpleasant cab drivers...]

I took a cab three times today, and twice I had an unpleasant experience.

The first time was when I took a cab from my office to our other office. It was a Merc cab so I thought that was pretty cool. At first. After I got on, I realised the cab driver has issues.

There's no real way to describe his behaviour. You need to see it for yourself. He talked dirt about unreasonable passengers, about how passengers gave vague directions and not know where they are going, and how a group of a certain race of people were stingy and didn't know who was going to foot the bill. The ironic thing is that he made a wrong turn on the way to my destination (but I corrected him in time and we got back onto the right track). There is no excuse for not knowing where my destination was. It's a landmark of sorts. Everyone knows where it is. And that happened right after he complained about passengers asking to go to "condo in Jurong".

What really freaked me out was as the journey continued, he got more agitated and started taking his eyes off the road and hands off the steering wheel. At one point, he turned his head and looked at me while we were still going.

I'm just glad to still be alive.

The next unpleasant experience was when I took a cab back home. It was simple...The expressway is 500 metres away. Get on it, then get on the BKE and I'm home. I've taken a cab home from this place many times and this is the first time the driver didn't know this most-direct route. He took me on a wild goose chase and was extremely unfriendly. I didn't even say anything when he took the longer route and he acts as if I've offended him. Good thing it only cost $2 extra.




I tried that infamous Japanese stall at Far East. I don't know what all the fuss is about. Their food isn't really that good. Nor is it really that cheap. I was told that Mr Grumpy wasn't there tonight, so I didn't catch any of his antics. I will not think of going back there again.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:34 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS