Sunday, May 02, 2010  

[Training to be soldier...]

I'll be away for ICT for the next two weeks. Not looking forward to it. I stand by a statement I've made before - if you think of ICT as a break from your job, which means you prefer going for ICT than going to your regular job, then you need a new job. My job isn't perfect, but I would much rather be going back to work than to go for ICT.

I've seen the training schedule. I can't tell for sure if there would be outfield exercises, but I think it is extremely unlikely. Even if we were to go outfield, it would probably not be the overnight kind. The first week's schedule is insane. We will only be booking out on Saturday evening.

I'm not sure how many people have actually thought about how big a sacrifice Singaporean men are making in the course of fulfilling their NS liabilities. Just because "everyone does it" doesn't make it less significant. I have several things on my to-do list which I cannot attend to right now because of my NS liabilities. Ironically, as I am trying to get out of my future liabilities, this adds more stuff to my to-do list.




I've been meaning to read up about HDB and CPF and how they work for us. While I have a general understanding about them, I want to have a deeper understanding. Haven't had the time to properly understand how they work, from top to the bottom.

I have tried reading the info on HDB's website but truth to told, while the info seems comprehensive, the feeling after reading them is that you don't really know much about them still. I have some very specific questions that need answering. The other day, someone on a forum asked a question relating to HDB and other people on the forum helped him out, and several of them said that the info on the website was really not comprehensive enough.

I wonder if I should just find out the answers to my questions, or try to read and understand everything from top to bottom.

^^^ by Locksley @ 4:37 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS