Monday, April 12, 2010  

[My morning commute...]

If you read my tweets, you'd know that there is an Express bus in the mornings and evenings when I go to and come home from work. This bus operates only a few hours each day.

The service in the morning has been around for quite some time. The one in the evenings started relatively recently.

I want to say something about the service in the mornings, as it's been around longer.

When I first started working, the Express service in the morning was driven by this old uncle. He's probably near retirement age. He's a very good driver. He over-takes, he's fast, and he once challenged another driver to a one-on-one outside MINDEF (I'm absolutely serious).

Then came this PRC woman. Can't remember much about her. I think she was okay. Except that she doesn't over-take much. Taking her bus saves me only about 5 minutes, unlike the 15-20 minutes before when insane uncle was driving.

Now we have another PRC woman. When she first started, she didn't over-take neither. Now she's more daring and I'm able to save about 15 minutes when I take her bus. Just one problem.

She has no idea how to accelerate or brake. She's okay when driving under normal conditions, but the moment she's stuck in a jam, the bus jerks to move and stop. Very annoying. It's hard to describe...But anyone who knows how to drive will probably notice how bad her acceleration and braking is once they're on the bus.

Today, a woman threw up on the bus. I think it may have something to do with her driving style. The woman was probably already ill to begin with (everything she threw up was yellow) and sitting in those face-everyone-else seats probably didn't help.

Pretty disgusting, still. I was seated near her. And I saw a half-flattened rat in the car-park before boarding the bus. Two gross sights within one hour after I left the house this morning.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:03 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS