Monday, April 26, 2010  

[Change you can believe in...]

I remember when I was in school, everything was more or less certain and planned out. You go to class, sit for tests and exams, and you move on to the next level. And the cycle repeats. That's the way it was, for sixteen years of my life.

There's a lot more uncertainty in life now. Nothing's planned out. It all boils down to what you want in life and how you intend to achieve it.

I haven't been working very long. Almost two years. In that time, a lot has changed, both at work and in my own life. More things have probably changed in the past almost-two years than the last ten years of my life.

Nobody likes change. That's why there's this thing called "change management". Just as you're getting comfortable, the rug gets pulled from under you.

I have a lot of balls in the air right now. There are possible changes in almost all aspects of my life right now. It hurts my head to think about it sometimes. Some of the changes are really up to me. What do I want? Sometimes I don't even know.

I've been trying to put off all of them and concentrate on the immediate issue at hand. But it's hard. Every once in a while, one of them creeps back into my head and I wonder...

When did life get so complicated?

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:01 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

I know how you feel. I have a few decisions myself.

They often say too many choices is a problem but a good problem. But what do they really know?

All the thinking of consequences and fall-out can drive one into depression.

I guess we just want to think more in terms of "next time in the future I'd do this" instead of "what if I did it differently in the past".
I don't know about you, but it helps me when I write things down. I had a lot on my mind, so one day I decided to write everything down.

That was when I realised that whatever was on my mind could be divided into three categories. It made things easier. I decided to put aside two of them for now and concentrate on one for now.

I feel that this gives me some structure and perspective. Only problem is, while I am dealing with category X, issues and events keep affecting category Y which I don't intend to spend time on right now. Good thing everything's still quiet in category Z.

I'm surprised that I can sleep at night without help.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS