Thursday, March 04, 2010  

[I'll remember you...]

This happened today morning, on my way to work.

You know how when everyone's trying to get onto a bus, the unspoken-but-usually-followed practice of one-person-from-the-front and then one-person-from-the-side will board the bus, one by one? If you don't know what I'm talking about, observe the behaviour of people getting on the bus next time at a crowded bus-stop. Usually, one person directly in front of the doors will enter, followed by a person at the side, not directly in front of the door, and the cycle repeats.

So anyway, it was my turn to board the bus when this woman decided to block me off and get on before me. Fine. I wasn't expecting such behaviour from her. She looks young and is well-dressed. Definitely not an "auntie".

Before I continue, I must say that I usually don't really care whether or not I get a seat on the bus. As long as I have my personal space, I'm happy. With no one and nothing touching or constantly bumping into me. That's all I ask. But in the morning when I go to work, I try my best to get a window seat, so I could nap in peace. I need to spend about an hour on the bus anyway, might as well catch up on some sleep. You can't really nap on an aisle seat because people would bump into you or you would fall off your seat. In any case, I manage to get a window seat 99% of the time in the mornings on my way to work.

So I saw the seat I wanted. This woman beat me to it. Fine. I picked another window seat. I ended up seated opposite her, facing her, at one of those facing-each-other seats.

Before long, we both realised a problem. The air-con was leaking. Badly. Not one or two drops, but a virtual drizzle. I decided to shift to the empty aisle seat next to me. Before I could do so, the same woman shifted from her window seat to my aisle seat. I had no choice but to get up and walk away. It's either that, or reach office with a wet shirt.

So this bitch effectively screwed me out of two seats. Within five minutes.

I was lucky enough to get another window seat a short while later, and still managed to have a good nap. But I'm still irritated by that woman. Sounds silly, but the nap on the bus every morning is actually quite important to me. It's tough getting up for work everyday at 6am. One of the things I tell myself when dragging myself from the bed is the promise of a nice nap on the bus later.

Don't you fuckin' take it away from me.




I wish I could be there with you. You don't have to fight this war alone. Because frankly, I think you're not very good at such things.

I, on the hand, am born for this.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:26 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS