Sunday, February 21, 2010  

[Yo-yo...]

I watch stand-up comedy from time to time. It's obvious that some of the jokes take a lot of effort to write and deliver, and I'm really amazed at how they manage to see and bring to life the humour they saw in everyday events.

On the other hand, some jokes just write themselves.

I was outside yesterday and saw the Everton-Man United match playing at McDonald's in Toa Payoh. I decided to watch the match there for a bit. After about 10 minutes, this guy appeared.


Fashion sense. This guy doesn't have any. His hair was a complete mess and frankly, I would not step out of my house if my hair looked like that. I know, because when my hair gets really long, it looks a little like that too.

He's wearing an old round-necked t-shirt which he tucked into his pants. You NEVER tuck your t-shirts into your pants. It's really weird. T-shirts and pants are not supposed to go together in the first place. Then there's his pants. High-waisted pants? Really? What is this? The 1960s? And to complete the look, he was wearing sandals with socks which is something that can never be justified.


So Mr Fashion stands right next to the door to watch the match. What kind of idiot stands right next to the door? When he had to move because someone needed to exit, he actually got annoyed and cursed the guy who was leaving. Seriously? I think all of us should be cursing you for blocking the door.


Most of the people watching the match all bought something to eat or drink. Mr Fashion asked for a cup of ice water. Twice. And spilled most of one cup while holding it. Sideways. WTF. And everytime Man United missed a goal-scoring chance, he muttered, "Shit!" So it's the same everytime. Everyone went, "Ohh!" which is followed by a softer, "Shit!"

Then the truly epic happened.


He took out a yo-yo from his pocket and started playing with it. A yo-yo. A god-damned motherfucking yo-yo. With lights and sound and everything. This guy should be somewhere around my age. And he's playing with a yo-yo!? And he brought it out with him, kept it in his pocket and everything. And as if he needs to make sure everyone can see him in his moment of nerdiness, he picked a yo-yo that had lights and made sounds.

Truly epic.





Thanks.

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:27 AM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Nice watch.. :)
I just ended up here randomly and I know its wrong to make fun of people, but damn it, like you just can't help yourself in this situation. I found this funny because I've also encountered such an individual in real life - even looks like him!
[<---Back to Main]
RSS