Saturday, December 19, 2009  

[Still down...]

The new modem arrived today (well, yesterday). I am still unable to connect to Singnet. But the good news is, this 2Wire modem provides error messages when things don't go according to plan. I checked online and it seems that the error is on Singnet's side. And that this is generally not a common problem.

Will call them tomorrow. Hopefully can get everything resolved ASAP. Actually, the current 6.5Mbps is more than enough for me, but I don't like paying more when I'm really getting less.




I was on leave today (Friday). Had to get some errands done. Went to the doctor for my annual check-up. The package I buy every year includes blood and urine tests.

It's not easy to draw blood from my arms. For some reason, my veins are all not very visible. It's easier to draw the blood from around my knuckle area. That's where my doctor drew from on the first attempt. But my vein collapsed and not enough blood was drawn.

The next vein he found was on my other hand, near the wrist, at the side. Not a typical position to draw blood from. It was also not easy to position my hand on the table properly, so he actually called his wife over (they are both doctors in the same clinic). He held my hand down while his wife drew the blood. I know this was for safety, but it really wasn't necessary. It hurts, but it's not that painful that I would jerk my hand or arm away.

I thought it was epic. It required two experienced doctors to draw a bit of blood from me.




Met up with some friends for dinner earlier. One of them is currently working in Japan and came back for a short holiday. While waiting for him, I bought a new watch:


I've been wanting to get another watch for a while. This is my fourth watch. The other three have smaller faces and I've been told that I should wear watches with bigger faces. Maybe I can pawn the other three off on my Dad and buy a whole bunch of new watches with bigger faces. Anyway, this watch was a steal...Only $68. It's a Casio, but I don't care. They make really nice silver-bracelet-type watches now.

And I just realised that it has a very interesting feature. There is no "clicking" sound coming from it. You know how there is a clicking sound whenever the second-hand moves? This watch doesn't make that noise.

Very clever design.

^^^ by Locksley @ 1:26 AM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Hoho.. I was @ the same clinic on Wed morning. Very crowded with people... Been almost 2 years since I had my checkup... Mayb I shld after I fully recover... haha... :P
Think if all the values are in the normal range, a check-up once every two years should be just right.

I go every year cause I have two figures in red. :(
[<---Back to Main]
RSS