Monday, December 21, 2009  

[Random bits...]

I would have preferred to have the following entries as separate posts, but I didn't have time to post them until now. Lots of ground to cover, so let's get started...




Nothing has changed with my Internet plan. I upgraded from 1Mbps to 10Mbps, but the speed I'm getting right now on my old ADSL modem is only 6.5Mbps. I have two other modems, but both of them are unable to connect to Singnet. Someone from Singnet will be coming by tomorrow, hopefully it will all be sorted out soon. I did some research, seems like this is a problem on their end, something to do with not having done something to some profile settings.

Will be on leave tomorrow because of this. Didn't want to take leave actually. It would be better if I were at work tomorrow.




I called Citibank earlier to cancel one of my supplementary cards. As I navigated the call menu, I was told that they are experiencing high call volume and if I left my name and number, that they would call me back by 6pm the next business day. I decided to hold.

After waiting for about 10 minutes, my call was picked up. The guy on the phone immediately told me about the high call volume and whether would it be okay if I left my number and that they would call me back tomorrow.

I was pissed. I purposely waited on hold because I wanted to settle this issue tonight. And the first thing he asks me is if they could call me back? If I wanted them to call me back, I would have left my number in the beginning and not waited.

I gave him a piece of my mind. Probably the first time I was nasty to customer service personnel. When they call me back tomorrow, I would probably be nasty again. I don't know what happened to Citibank. Their service was excellent in the past. I never had to be on hold for more than thirty seconds. Now whenever I call them, I am always on hold.

And is this the way they deal with calls when there is "high call volume"? By asking for customers' contact numbers and calling them the next day? Are all the operators doing that? If so, then why is the call volume still high?

This tops the WTF-experience I had with UOB, when I called to ask about my account balance while standing in front of an AXS machine and the idiot on the phone asked me he could call me back a few hours later. Would it take that long to tell me my account balance? I told that idiot no, I want to know my account balance there and then.

Maybe I should have said the same to the guy from Citibank.




I was at HarbourFront yesterday and I took the following pictures:




I took the pictures....ON A BOAT! I'M ON A BOAT! EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, CAUSE I'M SAILING ON A BOAT...TAKE A GOOD HARD LOOK AT THE MOTHER-FUCKIN' BOAT!

Okay, Lonely Island moment over. Anyway, there's this ship at HarbourFront which has a book-shop on it. Seems like they sail around and set up shop as and when they dock. It's a Christian ship/book-shop, so most of the books have a Christian theme. One of the titles they carried was, "The God of Sex". I'm not kidding.

What was interesting was they searched us as we left the ship. I thought that that was shitty. If you don't trust us, then don't let us on your ship. Searching us as we got off was kinda insulting.

But as it turns out, the search was conducted by the SPF. Everyone who got off had to go through a metal detector and the ladies had their bags searched. I wonder why. In any case, the search was done in a half-ass manner. The woman using the metal scanning wand did not even detect the keys in my pocket. Not to mention the fact that they were just Cisco personnel. Two ladies and one guy. No guns, no batons, no nothing. If something were to go down, they wouldn't last five seconds.




Had a rather unpleasant experience on the bus yesterday. As I was getting onto the bus, this disgusting auntie actually physically pushed me out of the way. First time someone actually pushed me out of the way. Of course, I could have stood my ground and pushed her back and have her on her ass in two seconds flat. But how would that look?

So I swallowed my anger and hoped that she die.

The next stop, this uncle got on. He saw a seat in the last row of the bus, and proceeded to rub his butt against everyone's crotch on his way to said seat. And when another seat opened up, like the unglam uncle that he is, he switched.


And look at the gross, unglam way he's sitting.

I hope he dies too.




My company has corporate passes for several tourist attractions in Singapore (the irony is not lost on me). I booked the zoo pass and went on Saturday. It sucked because it rained half the time, but I managed to get some decent videos. Check out this one, feeding time for the white tigers:



I can't remember the last time I went to the zoo. It was a long time ago and I was probably just a kid. I remember looking at the crocodiles and there was this insanely huge croc just floating around and I recalled wondering if it was real or just a prop. In any case, I was pretty scared because, seriously, it was a fuckin' big croc.

I got to relive my nightmare, sort of:



^^^ by Locksley @ 11:25 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS