Wednesday, December 16, 2009  

[Problems....]

My new 10Mbps Internet plan was activated today. Some problems:

Problem 1: The speed I am getting now is 6.5Mbps.

Problem 2: It might be due to my modem. It's old (Prolink Hurricane 9000C) and doesn't support ADSL2+. But still, ADSL should have no problem supporting 10Mbps downstream.

Problem 3: I have a Thomson Speedtouch 536. It's supposed to be able to support ADSL2+. I got it almost two years ago and never used it. I tried earlier, but it simply cannot connect to Singnet. I've successfully setup the same modem for my aunt before...So I can't figure out what's wrong here.

Hopefully when the new modem comes on Fri, all these problems will be solved.

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:30 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Cool! So that means the potential limit / line is 6.5 Mibps now! =)

Time to upgrade my internet speed to 5Mibps. LOL. =p

Hmm, regarding your modem, it might be due to the settings inside the modem? Got some whacky numbers you need to configure one?

-Nixxy
Actually, the limit should be 24 Mbps. That's the fastest possible speed of ADSL2+.

I tried changing the ADSL config in the modem, to no avail. Based on the info from Wikipedia, the settings I chose should give me a possible downstream of 12 Mbps, but I'm still stuck at 6.5 Mbps.

I think maybe the Speedtouch has been in storage for too long and has pretty much died. I think the bottleneck now may be due to my current old modem. Hopefully the modem which they are sending me on Fri will solve everything.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS