Friday, December 11, 2009  

[Finally, it's time...]

I made a mistake about two years ago. I downgraded my Internet plan from 3Mbps to 1Mbps.

I thought it was a good idea at the time. I was starting work soon and wasn't going to be at home much. Thought I could save a few dollars by downgrading to the cheapest plan.

As it turned out, it was a silly idea. Downgrading to a slower plan means I was constantly fighting with my sister for bandwidth at night. I need to download stuff, she wants to look at sites with high-res Robert Pattison pictures. And because of the slower speed, I leave my rig on overnight to download the files and end up using more electricity.

I tried asking if I could upgrade my plan. I was on a two-year contract, and I had no intention of breaking it. I wanted to upgrade my plan, enjoy faster speeds, and I don't mind paying more. The official reply from Singnet? No, can't be done. Their customer service and business logical is one epic phail in this aspect.

No more. Starting on the 16th, I'm gonna be on a 10Mbps plan.

Imagine the possibilities.

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:19 PM. 4 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

told you so
10Mib/s not at its full potential also lah. Our undersea inter-continental line to US direct still not complete yet leh. I feel that we are now stuck around the 3-5Mib/s range when trying to connect to overseas.

-Nixxy
it's robert PATTINSON. stop spelling his name wrong!! hahaha
I'm not expecting 10Mbps for any individual connection (think we are still years away from this, if ever). But I do expect to be able to hit 10Mbps in total over multiple connections.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS