Saturday, December 26, 2009  

[Dell Inspiron 15]

My sister's new laptop came a few days ago. Her previous Dell lasted her four years, which I thought was amazing. I don't think any of my desktops has ever lasted me that long. But then again, my needs are a little different from her's.

It's a decent laptop. But there are some things about the build which I did not like. First, I don't know if this is the current trend, but there isn't a catch when you close the lid. It just sits there. Might be an issue if you put the laptop in a bag and it opens up and something scratches or damages the LCD.

Next, the lack of USB ports. There are only three. The one on the right will obviously be taken up by the mouse. The two on the right are directly next to the power connectors, so plugging in devices can be a pain.

And finally, the lack of HDD and wireless LEDs. Maybe the lack of a wireless LED is not that big an issue, but I think the HDD LED is very important. This is the first time I've come across a computer that doesn't have one.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:07 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS