Tuesday, September 15, 2009  

[Not so good....]

Computer was down recently. I formatted my hard disk and it took me longer than expected to get everything up and running again. Mainly due to the lack of free time. Plus, I hate the reinstalling phase after formatting.




Things are not well at work. New girl's not working out. And now she's away on MC for a week. A Director is breathing down my neck. I thought about transferring to another department but it might not be any better over there. And the work scope would be foreign. At least I'm already familiar with my current work scope.

I'm even contemplating quitting. Maybe it has something to do with the 13-hour day I had today. I don't know. We'll see. Even if things don't improve, I'd probably stick around till the end of the FY. Get my performance bonus, then leave for somewhere else.




After all these years, Singnet has yet to get their act together. It took me two hours to figure out why Hotmail and Blogger could not load correctly on Firefox. As it turns out, it was a problem with Singnet.

If you surf without a proxy server while using Singnet, from time to time, certain sites would not load correctly. I believe it is because some files are not downloaded correctly. Like CSS, Javascript, or something like that. This has been going on for a long time, ever since I first switched over from Starhub about three and a half years ago.

So why not surf with proxy on? I haven't really tested it lately, but in the past, it was slower and there was a maximum of five connections. If you opened a ton of sites at the same time, nothing would load. But when they do load, all the sites load properly.

This problem wasn't too bad when I was using IE. There's this option that allows you to check for a newer version of the page whenever you surf. So even if the page or site doesn't load right, you could turn the proxy on, refresh, and everything would be fine.

Not so for Firefox. No such option. So if you're there the first time without proxy and things don't load right, turning on the proxy and trying again would not help. Whatever's in the cache will be used. No replacing with a fresh, problem-free copy.

Took me two hours to figure that out. The return of an old problem. So anyway, I downloaded a nifty little add-on for Firefox that allows me to turn proxy on and off without going into the options. As long as I turn the proxy on before visiting the "problem sites", things should be okay....

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:58 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS