Sunday, August 16, 2009  

[Bits and pieces...]

I'm finally done with my new computer. I don't consider a new hardware upgrade or OS install "done" until I do one round of maintenance. I have a maintenance routine, which includes going to Microsoft Update, running Disk Cleanup, Scandisk, Defrag, etc. Whenever I buy a new hard disk, I run Scandisk in full mode as soon as I can. Need to check if there are any bad sectors on the new disk. Last thing I want is to fill it up with data and realise there are bad sectors, which is basically hard disk cancer.

A few more things I need to do, though. I've sorted out the audio problem, which is great because that means I don't need to get a pair of new speakers. I do, however, need to get a new UPS. I have a rough idea of what I want to get. Then, I need to figure out what I'm going to do with my old rig and my old scanner. New motherboards finally phased out the parallel port, so my scanner's gone.




Have a slight headache as I type this. I haven't been getting enough sleep for a while. Whenever I don't get enough sleep over a period of time, I get headaches.




I'm still concerned about what's going to happen at work. I don't know what's happening next or where I'd end up, and this makes me very nervous.

^^^ by Locksley @ 12:30 AM. 4 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

i do feel like commenting on your tweets... but i dont want to tweet. how?
he could set up a wordpress blog somewhere and set up a tweet plugin which publishes his tweets as posts
highly doubt he'd do it though
Think you need to tweet. But anyway, don't think the "comment tweet" will be displayed in the RSS feed.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS