Sunday, May 24, 2009  

[New monitor!]

I made a spur-of-the-moment decision to head down to SLS today. I had other plans, but they were cancelled last night. I've been meaning to get a new monitor (I was originally on a 17" 4:3 LCD) and I wanted to do it before I upgraded my rig. If there were any dead or bright pixel problems, I wanted them sorted out before dealing with setting up a new rig.

Long, boring story short, I bought a new 22" monitor today. A Viewsonic VX2262WM. I wanted a 16:10 panel, which meant that my choices were limited. I don't like 16:9 panels. While they may be "true HD", I feel that the panels are too "short" for use as a computer monitor since I sit so close to it. It was either a Viewsonic or a LG, because Samsung's dead/bright pixel policy sucks and I still have a bad impression of Philips monitors due to my experience in Poly. LG panels were insanely expensive for the same range, and I can't really spot the difference in the images they were showing on the display units.


This was my goal since day one - To get a bigger, wide-screen LCD monitor. And it took me a while to get here. Had to get rid of my aquarium (sniff) and change my table. Sounds simple, but it took a lot of planning and effort, especially for my table.

Final piece of the puzzle - to upgrade my rig. I am considering skipping the upgrade. The on-board VGA-out to my previous LCD was absolute shit, but the DVI-out to my new monitor is great. So now I really don't have any reason to do an upgrade (I'm not much of a gamer anyway). Might as well save the money for something else.

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:30 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS