Friday, May 22, 2009  

[The importance of being Alert...]

I read an article about online privacy some time back. One of the tips in the article was to create a Google Alert with your name so you'd know whenever your name comes up on a new webpage crawled by Google.

I thought it was an interesting idea, so I did it. I create several alerts, including my email addresses.

Over time, I realise that there are lots of people in Singapore who share the same name as me. I thought that my (real) name is quite unique, because it does not contain the common words that people use for names. Although I know that a student in NUS' law faculty and NTU's student union president (in the past) have the same name as me.

With Google Alerts, I am "discovering" new people with the same name as me. One of them just graduated and will be starting work on July 1st. The rest are mostly quite young. A kid complained about someone with the same name stealing his comic book (or some shit like that, I didn't read the whole thing because the kid doesn't know what punctuation marks are for). There's a metal factory in China with my name on it. This guy in Malaysia has the most BORING life and he's not afraid to share it with the world.

Create a Google Alert using your name. You'll be surprised.




M1's network is down. Great. My phone is getting warm. Probably trying to search for a network to connect to that isn't there.




I have the fan aimed at my while I'm typing this and I'm still sweating. Global warming is killing me.

And the polar bears. Let's not forget the polar bears. Cause that's what's important. The polar bears.




I went for my final after-Lasik review today. As things stand, my left eye is at 6/6 while my right eye is at 6/7.5. My right eye will probably never do better than that, seeing how that's my lazy eye. My vision is still slowly improving and I hope it continues to get better. According to the doctor, my eyes' recovery rate was already faster than expected, but I still have trouble reading words/numbers at a distance. Still a little blurry.

I took some pictures since I was out and about today. They make up the rest of this post.





Street buskers. Sometimes, I wonder whether do they expect us to pay them for their efforts, or do they want us to pay them to stop. Some of these people...They don't produce music. Just noise.


Name one possible reading "emergency". Cocksters.


Saw these belts on sale in Toys 'R Us. Too bad they were all kid sizes. Otherwise, I would have bought this....


Real adult replicas cost US$370-US$430, depending on whether is it real or simulated leather. I want one. This one.

^^^ by Locksley @ 8:16 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

YES POLAR BEARS ARE IMPORTANT!

Ahem..

and I'd make you a spinning WWE bling belt using plasticine.
The spinning belt is stupid. I don't know why they don't switch back to a more traditional belt now that Cena's no longer the champ. In any case, I think they did something to the belt so that it doesn't spin anymore. The WWE logo is now fixed in a upright position.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS