Saturday, May 02, 2009  

[Are we safe?]

I was at the MRT station yesterday waiting for someone. It gave me time to people-watch. I saw a few groups of NS recruits out together. How do I know? Their hair. Or the lack thereof. It screams "chao recruits" from a mile away.

Then there's this woman who tried to scan her EZ-link card without taking it out from her handbag. After countless attempts resulted in a flashing red light, she gave up, reached into her handbag, took out the card, and slammed it with authority on the card reader. What a douche, taking out her anger on a machine when the reason behind it not working correctly was her own stupidity.

Then, there's the "security officer" who was supposed to check commuters' bags. I've never seen one that looked remotely qualified for the task. They certainly do not look physically fit and the whole time I was there, he did nothing except to help trigger the motion sensor in one of the gates which did not close after a commuter has passed through it. And don't get me started on those who patrol the MRT platforms, holding a walkie-talkie. They try to look all serious, but com'on, if something were to go down, what could they do? They would probably shit in their pants.

^^^ by Locksley @ 11:26 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS