Sunday, April 12, 2009  

[One to go...]

I got a set of wireless keyboard and mouse today. Bought Microsoft's Wireless Laser Desktop 3000.

It was hard for me to choose a wireless keyboard and mouse combo. I need a fairly simple keyboard, non-curved, and the only extra shortcut buttons I really need are for volume control. But I would prefer a mouse with extra shortcut buttons, so I could access common applications easier. Problem is, they usually don't pair low-end keyboards with high-end mice.

I thought of mix-and-matching, but that means spending more and buying items I don't need and won't be using. So I picked what I thought was the best compromise. The Wireless Laser Desktop 3000 comes with a fairly simple keyboard but the mouse is quite advanced. Only problem is that the keyboard is slightly curved. Which sucks, because I don't type with all my fingers. I type with two fingers, flying all over the keyboard. I'm used to the normal non-curved layout. I'm now learning how to type again...I'm missing some of the keys in the middle row and most of the keys in the last row.

This is going to take some getting used to. Luckily the curve of this keyboard is rather slight.

In any case, my plans are nearly complete. All I have left on my upgrade list are a new display card, monitor and hard disk. I'd probably get them over the Labour Day holiday. Will take a couple of days' leave to go get them and then to set everything up.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:54 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS