Friday, March 20, 2009  

[I'm not selling anything!]

Earlier, on my way home from work, I stopped at BP Plaza to run some errands. I was approached by a promoter from HSBC. She caught my eye, and said, "Hi, don't worry, I'm not selling anything...." I was too tired to be bothered with her so I just smiled, shook my head and walked off. I was about to go up the escalator anyway.

I regretted it almost immediately. I thought that if the conversation continued, it could wind up something like this...

Her: Hi, don't worry, I'm not selling anything...
Me: (cutting her off) So you're just talking to random strangers?
Her: Er...Yes...
Me: (cutting her off) Weren't you taught not to talk to strangers?
Her: (stunned)
Me: Lucky for you, I'm not a bad guy. If I was a bad guy, you could be dead by now.
Her: Actually, I want to share with you HSBC's latest promotion....
Me: So you are selling something.
Her: Well, not exactly...
Me: So you're not selling anything. Just talking to strangers for no good reason?
Her: Well, HSBC is having...
Me: (cutting her off) So you are selling something?
Her: Yes....
Me: (cutting her off) But you said you weren't selling anything.
Her: (stunned)
Me: Liar! (walks off)

That would have been fun. Oh well.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:44 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS