Sunday, March 22, 2009  

[Holding hands...]

I saw this stand-up comedy performance by Russell Peters some time back. For those who don't know, he's an Indian-Canadian. Indian as in the country, not Native American.

He talked about being in India for a performance and was shocked to see grown Indian men holding hands. Not because they were gay, but because they were "good friends".

I thought maybe he was bullshitting about this. It sounds too weird. Why would two heterosexual guys, regardless of whether were they "good friends" or not, hold hands? That's just weird. Guys don't like touching other guys.

As it turns out, I think he wasn't kidding. They actually do do that. I was at Jurong Point yesterday and I saw two Indian men holding hands. They don't look gay or anything...Except for the holding hands part. They don't look local neither. I guess they're probably foreign workers. It was so...Weird. I whipped out my phone to take a picture, but before I was ready, they've released their grip on one another.

Weird.

^^^ by Locksley @ 6:58 PM. 6 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

What's right and what's wrong is just a societal concept no?
Are you taking Philo this sem? :P
First time you see Indian workers holding hands? You need to be out more!! ._.
I don't usually end up in places with many foreign workers.

I think there might be more foreign workers in JP (than other places) because there are a number of dormitories around the area.
well i think it's adorable :)
you guys should start doing that too :):)
hahahaha
It's grose to see local men holding hands. They should know better. I'm not taking philo but psych!
[<---Back to Main]
RSS