Tuesday, October 28, 2008  

[Where are you going?]

To the best of my knowledge, about half of my colleagues are going away for holidays. What amazed me the most was their attitude towards going on tour - some have already taken their leave, but have not yet decided on where to go. When asked, they would say that they were "still shopping". Of course, leave can be cancelled and re-applied, so not much of an issue.

Going for holidays seem to be like watching a movie for them. Just flip through the papers and decide based on what's on offer. And they are going for proper holidays. Not those 3D2N in Tioman or Langkawi nonsense. We're talking about Europe, China, the US. Stuff like that.

Me?

Well...Someone has to answer the phones.




Being out and about without a camera phone is going to kill me. I've missed so many photo ops and material for my blog. Sometimes I wonder if I could pull it off without any pictures - WOT. Wall of text.

I'm going to try.

Have you noticed how the aunties and uncles like to do on buses with regards to their plastic bags? They have this "S" hook and would hook it on the seat in front of them. I think that's so...WTF.

Today, this auntie on the bus did something similar. She was so cheap, she couldn't afford an "S" hook. So she tied her plastic bag to the seat in front of her using another plastic bag. It was so unglam and I almost wished it would drop. It's her dinner, but I don't care.

To top it off...The genius that she was, she tied it in the middle of the seat. So she couldn't close her legs and sat with her legs wide open. With her right hand on her crotch.

I'm so going to have nightmares tonight.




The lift upgrading programme has been going on forever in my neighbourhood. My block is the last one in my cluster whose lift-on-every-floor still wasn't operational yet. Well, almost.

Most people these days cannot imagine living without a lift that takes you to your floor. Older blocks of HDB flats do not have a lift landing on every floor, and not too long ago, they decided that an "upgrade" was in order due to the greying population - lifts on every floor was going to be a necessity. The thing is, residents have to vote on the upgrade and if it goes through, we have to pay for it. An interesting question was raised by the opposition - why are the residents paying for their mistake of not building a lift on every floor in the beginning?

But I digress. I'm absolutely convinced that the contractor paid to carry out the upgrading works is artificially extending the length of time needed to complete the project. So that they get paid more. Why do I think that?

The reason is simple. Most of the time, no one's working on the lift upgrade. The workers would come, work on the stuff for a day or two, then disappear for one week or so before the cycle repeats itself. Honestly speaking, it's not a big job, what with all the pre-fab walls and lift shafts. They are just taking their own sweet time.

And the most damning piece of evidence - the new lift started working on Sunday. I believe by accident. I took the lift down on my way to work this morning and when I returned earlier, it was switched off again. "Maintenance", said the display. Maintenance my ass...It was fully functional for two days, now all of a sudden it's under maintenance? Then where are the workers?

Fuckers.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:32 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Subby is critically hit by wall of text. Miss your pictures dude.
yea. totally miss your kind of post when you're still schooling
[<---Back to Main]
RSS