Friday, August 15, 2008  

[48 years...]

I guess everyone should know by now - Singapore's 48-year wait for a Olympic medal has ended. I actually stayed back in office just to listen to the play-by-play of the match. It was somewhat hilarious...None of my colleagues knew that TV Mobile's soundtrack was available over-the-air. When they realised they could tune in, all of them scrambled to their cubicles to tune in. Some of them can't even remember how to tune their radios.

As I excited as I am about Singapore winning a medal at the Olympics, I don't think that it's a "clean" victory. My heart is telling me to be happy, while my brain is telling me that we did not earn the medal - we bought it.

That said, they say that everyone remembers where they were when they learnt of JFK's assassination. I say, we should all remember where we were when the 48-year wait ended.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:13 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS