Sunday, June 15, 2008  

[Tank de-comm...]

After 4 and a half years, I've decided to end my aquarium hobby yesterday.

Due to work, I haven't had much time to take care of the tank. When I leave for work in the morning, it's too early to turn on the lights and when I reach home, it's time to turn the lights off. It was becoming more of a chore than an enjoyable past-time, so I thought it was time to end it.

I gave all the livestock to my Dad. His two tanks have much more fishes now than ever.

Last looks:



Draining out the water.


Pulling up the plant in the middle.


It was huge!



Where the tank used to be.


All the stuff I have no use for. Going to try selling them.






Tearing down my aquarium was part of my room redecorating plan. I've been wanting to change some of my furniture for a while but could not because the aquarium was in the way. I could now.

After tearing down the tank yesterday, I went to IKEA in the evening and bought a new bed. The old one has been with me for about 21 years. Although it was fine, I wanted one whereby I could store things under the bed. I couldn't do so with the old one due to its decorative sides/legs.

The new bed I bought actually resembles the one in SAF camps. But it's nicer. Now it's just four legs, with access to the bottom of the bed. I intend to get some big Tupperware-like boxes to store items under the bed.

The thing about buying furniture at IKEA is that you need to consider how you're bringing your purchase home. The bed I bought cost $99 and delivery cost $45. Totally not worth it. I was told that a London/Maxi cab would be big enough, but calling those cabs meant a $9 surcharge plus whatever's on the meter.

So I took a chance and wheeled the (unassembled) bed out to the taxi queue and tried to see if it could fit into a regular cab.

It did. I won't go into how I did it, but it fit very nicely.

Total cab fare was $10.60. Saved a bundle.

Next would be to get the storage boxes, followed by a new L-shaped table. Then maybe some new computer components (I'm still considering whether or not to blow more money on my rig, especially since the current one is working fine).




I found something on Friday on my way home from work. Someone lost something very important and it didn't even belonged to said person.

Said person must be having a very bad weekend...

^^^ by Locksley @ 6:51 PM. 1 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

Ikea's delivery is stupid... 45 bucks for tables and chairs under a hundred bucks... know how you feel man...

anyway, pity your tank's gone.. your tank always seemed to have the most exotic stuff to a non aqua noob like me :P
[<---Back to Main]
RSS