Sunday, June 08, 2008  

[Sell Ronaldo...]

That's right. That's what I think. And I'm a Man United fan.

Sell Ronaldo.

He's more trouble than he's worth. If he wants to go to Madrid, let him. Or make good the threat to let him rot in the stands. Whatever.

I've never been that big a fan of him. He goes down far too easily, and although he does get hacked down a lot, many times, he could have stayed on his feet if he wanted to. So he scored 42 goals last season. Big deal. Would he have scored that many if he wasn't playing in a team like United?

And I don't know why they let him take free-kicks. He is NOT GOOD at free-kicks. Everytime there's a free-kick, the commentator would say, "This is in Ronaldo territory." Oh please...He has no fucking territory. His free-kicks go all over the place except into the net. He's had oh-so-many chances throughout the season and how many did he score? Five. Hargreaves has had less chances but he's scored two. I believe it's a 100% record for him, I can't remember for sure though.

He's selfish (like Nani) and doesn't always pass the ball when others (like Rooney or Tevaz who ran their asses off to be in a good position) are in a better scoring position, instead choosing to go for glory. He goes down easy and cries like a spoil brat when he doesn't get his way. At least when Rooney doesn't get his way, he gets physical and goes after the player and hacks him down in return. That I can respect.

And most importantly, this is Man United. United versus insert-random-club. Not Ronaldo versus insert-random-club. Teams should not evolve around one or two players. Nowadays, whenever United is trailing and time is running out, they would try to pass the ball to either Ronaldo or Rooney and hope for a touch of magic from them. That's not the way. Too many long balls. Where was the passing of the 98/99 treble-winning team?

Sell Ronaldo. Now. If Real can pay, sell him for a handsome profit. He thinks he's bigger than the club. No one is bigger than the club.




I've grown more and more frustrated with public transport over the years. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because their standards are dropping. Maybe I didn't notice before. Maybe it's because the population in Singapore is growing faster than the public transport operators can cope. I don't know.

Now that I'm working, I take buses during the peak hours in the morning and evening. And more often than not, something would happen on the bus that piss me off. Some of the things I remember:

1) I was seated at those face-each-other seats near the front of the bus one morning. Whenever I'm in those seats, I make it a point to sit as straight as I could, so that my knees don't tangle with the people I'm facing. I think that's just good manners. This kid got on, sat across me and decided to slouch. Great. Long story short, my knee was caught between the side of the bus and that kid's knee. He basically resting his knee on mine. I wanted to take his PSP and shove it down his throat.

2) I see this technician on the bus almost every morning. He sat down next to me this one time. He wears the same company-issued attire everyday. His pants are somewhat like cargo pants, with pockets down the side. He has something sharp and protruding in his pocket and he just leaned it onto me. The whole time, too. It was unpleasant. I wanted to take whatever he had in that %$#% pocket and shove it up his ass.

3) Yesterday I waited 17 minutes for a bus outside Khatib Camp. 17 fucking minutes. If I had a car, I would have reached home in that time (it's a very smooth and fast drive from my place to Khatib Camp). On the bus, three kids were having the time of their lives. They made so much noise, it was insanely annoying. The youngest still did not know how to talk, so she shrieked her ass off at every opportunity. Their parents? Seated behind them and did absolutely nothing.

It's times like these when I really wish I had my own transport. I don't have to put up with the nonsense of using public transport. And I'd save a lot of time too. The bus ride to and from work takes about 60-80 minutes one-way. Driving should take about 15-20 minutes one-way. How much time would I save a day?

At least this can be something for me to work towards.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:06 AM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS