Sunday, June 29, 2008  

[Pre-ICT blues...]

My one week in-camp training starts tomorrow. Compared to the other in-camps, this one should be quite relaxed, since we're supposed to be going just for range and there's no outfield and no drawing of armoured vehicles. Things should be easier.

But still, I'm not looking forward to it. I get the same feeling now that I had when I was an NSF, on Sunday nights. I don't think my morale has ever been this low.

I just hate everything about in-camp training. It disrupts my personal as well as my work life. Although work-wise, it's not that bad since I'm just starting out and anyway, someone else is covering my work so it's not as if I would be returning to a pile of papers on my desk. I'm not sure when we would be released. If it's during Friday evening, then it's still not that bad. If it's on Saturday, then it would be really shitty as there would be very little time to wash and pack everything away after I get home.

To add on, there are a lot of people in my platoon that I don't particularly care for. I certainly won't be looking forward to seeing them. Fucking losers. I do feel a little better about myself when I see them, but I really think those people should not be allowed to reproduce.

But perhaps one of my biggest grievances about in-camp training is the location of the camp I'm reporting to. It's in a very isolated location and the only way to get there is via a cab. If I had my own car, then it wouldn't be a problem. But without a car, it's insanely inconvenient. I tried making an advanced booking just now and no cabs from three different companies would take my booking. I'm not surprised. It's a long way out from the camp and the cab would most certainly be empty. Looks like I've got to flag one down tomorrow, which is always risky because you never know if there would be any cabs available.

On my way back, it's even worse. Can you imagine hundreds of NSmen standing outside the camp gates and most of them on their mobile phones trying to get a cab? It's an absolutely insane situation.

Why can't SAF fucking leave me alone? They've taken two and a half of the best years of my life. What more do they want?

EDIT: I got my cab for tomorrow. Phew.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:55 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS