Tuesday, June 03, 2008  

[Biggest mistake ever?]

I wonder if I've made a mistake accepting my current job.

Don't get me wrong, while it has its ups and downs, I really can't complain (so far, anyway). What I'm concerned about is the fact that the pay increment's every year is very low and if I want to switch to something else (in another organisation), I can't really take away any relevant experience from my current job.

What makes me cringe even more is the fact that some of the people around me are actually involved in Enterprise Risk Management and Balanced Scorecard-related things. I don't much care about the Balanced Scorecard (I feel that it's a fad that would one day lose its importance), but having experience in Enterprise Risk sure would be an advantage if a person decides to leave for greener pastures. Not to mention the fact that my employer actually sponsors people doing ERM for professional ERM certification courses....




A few posts ago, I lamented about my aquarium/table-related dilemma. I've finally figured it out.

I'm going to keep an eye out for the kind of L-shaped table I want. Once I found it, I would tear down my aquarium (it's in the way) and get the table. After which, I could consider getting a bigger LCD monitor, which I can't now due to lack of space on my current table.

If anyone has a L-shaped table in their room, let me know where you got it from. If it's part of the whole interior design of your room, then forget it. I only want the table, I don't want to redo my whole room.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:08 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS