Thursday, May 15, 2008  

[Set as Phone 1...]

Because my workplace doesn't allow camera phones, I'm currently using two phones. One with and one without a camera. I signed up for M1's Multi-SIM service, where two SIM cards share the same number. It's pretty cool. Both phones can make outgoing calls/messages. Incoming calls will ring on Phone 1, followed by on Phone 2 if it's not answered. Messages, however, get sent only to Phone 1.

So basically, Phone 1 is the primary phone. The problem is, whenever I get off work and switch back to my usual phone (with camera), I always forget to punch in the code so that the primary phone (Phone 1) is re-assigned. Yesterday I only discovered it at 11pm+ while today I only remembered about it at around 8:30pm. I'm not used to punching in the code when I switch back to my primary phone, but never forget when I switch to the non-camera phone that I use only at work.

This going to take some getting used to.




CNA reported that SMRT is going to put up bus maps in the areas under their control service. In case you don't know, said bus maps have already been put up in town. I've seen it, and for the life of me, I don't know who the hell looks at them.

It would probably take a person (of decent IQ) several minutes to figure out how to read the map, assuming said person didn't lose his or her mind in the process. If you ask me, I think you're better off tracing the circuit paths on a computer motherboard, because that's exactly what the bus maps look like.

What's the purpose of the bus maps? To confuse commuters so that we don't get mad that our buses never arrive on time or are always too packed to get on during rush hour?




I'm thinking of tearing down my aquarium. Even though I've only started working for about two weeks, it's evident that I don't have time for it. My Dad's the one who switches on the CO2, turns on the lights as well as feeds the fish. I reached home a little earlier today, so I was in time to turn off the CO2 and lights (planted aquariums need a schedule for CO2 and lights) and I realised a lot of the fishes were sick and stressed, the plants were not doing well and there was a lot of algae on the walls. These are all signs that things aren't right. My Dad's been great in helping me when I'm not around, but he doesn't understand the science involved (a lot of science is involved in planted aquariums) so there's a limit to how far he can help me with.

I'm thinking of tearing it down and starting a shrimp tank. Again. No CO2, no ferts and just easy-to-grow plants, low maintenance all the way. This means I'd probably be selling my CO2 setup. To think I bought that top-of-the-line solenoid only in January. I think my CO2 setup should fetch at least $100 on the aquatic forums.

I'm also thinking of getting a L-shaped table for my room. I'll probably have to decide on the table soon, because I need to tear down the aquarium before it gets here and only restart the shrimp tank after that as I plan to put the tank on the table. Anyone has a L-shaped table in their room? How much did it cost? Was it custom-made? I want to change to a L-shaped table because my current computer table is too high (although it's a Sitoca) and my back/neck's getting affected...

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:31 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

lol i saw the news on the bus maps too ! it's utterly confusing!!! seriously if I were to use it.. i'd get more l0st than if i'd asked ard for directions.

2weeks and u're already very busy... i can't imagine when i start wrk this coming 26th may >.< meantime.. i've become such an otaku. gosh
I'm actually not very busy at all. The thing is, they are slowing easing me into my role, so for now, I'm actually doing some very mundane and silly things like running things to the mailroom or doing some simple data analysis with Excel. I don't mind, in fact, I prefer it this way. To start at the bottom and learn how things are done, one step at a time.

The thing is, even if I leave work at 6pm everyday, I need to factor in the travelling time, time for dinner, time for personal stuff I need to do, etc. In the end, I'm left with very little time for anything else because I need to sleep early in order to get my 7-8 hours (I need to get up latest by 6am).

So while the work-life balance is good, in reality, it's still quite tough....
[<---Back to Main]
RSS