Wednesday, May 14, 2008  

[Security vs Usability]

One of the things I remember from the security modules I took when I was in NUS was that security is about balancing the need to be secure and the ability for your employees to do their work. Employees don't like security measures because more often than not, these measures take up time and slow them down.

Coming from an IT background, while I do get annoyed at some of the security features found in computer systems, I understand the need for them and why they are important. I never thought I'd ever get really pissed about computer security because I understood the rationale behind it.

Until today.

I won't go into the specifics, but let's just say that due to a security feature, I was held up at work for over 45 minutes. Now I totally understand why people complain and bitch so much about annoying security features.

^^^ by Locksley @ 9:49 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS