Sunday, May 04, 2008  

[Good news and bad news...]

I'm starting work tomorrow. The good news is that although it's somewhere near NUS, I have much more choices when it comes to getting there compared to getting to NUS. On my way home, it's even better. Of the six services that stops at the bus-stop, I can get on five of them. Only one of them is direct, but changing buses might be faster. We'll see.

The bad news is that there's no easy way for me to get to Khatib Camp for my IPT. I will probably call a cab from my workplace or from Clementi.




Recently, a young kid was killed when the school-bus he was in was involved in an accident. Tragic, yes. The fallout from that incident is the renewed called for the use of seat-belts.

I think it's stupid. Accidents happen and people die. Get over it. Why use the incident to renew the call for seat-belts? They have been around forever and everyone should know how important they are. If people don't want to use seat-belts and lose their lives in a traffic accident, then that's too bad. It's on them. Who cares? That's the risk they have to take.

And thumbs-down to our media for playing it up. There's an article about some seat-belt-related subject almost everyday for the past few days. Is there nothing else to report?

And don't get me started on why they publish letters from people writing in about the situation in Tibet and why the Olympic torch didn't come to Singapore. Honestly, who the hell cares? I don't give a shit about the Olympics, much less the torch. In fact, I'm glad it didn't come to Singapore. It would probably cause a lot of inconveniences, like road closures and such. And I think that most of us have better things to do than to line the streets for hours to catch the few seconds where the runner runs past with the torch.

But really, the most hilarious letters are those who wrote in offering advice on how China should deal with the whole Tibet incident. Did the writers of those letters really think their opinions actually mattered?

There are more important things to worry about.




Like global warming, for one.

The weather's really getting me down. Last night, I actually got up in the middle of the night for a shower. Never happened before.

And my silly Dad...still refuses to turn on the air-con. Didn't we get it installed for days just like this?

^^^ by Locksley @ 2:04 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

eh man, i don't think can join you for IPT this time around, maybe next time.. just dawned upon me i'm spending my last summer vacation facilitating the welcome of the next batch of freshmen
olympics is stupid. seriously, if they telecast like inter school soccer during the same time as the olympics, i would watch the school tournament.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS