Saturday, May 17, 2008  

[Bad-at-maths tax...]


Beer. The first sip is always the best. By the time you reach the bottom of the glass, it already tastes old and all you can taste is its bitterness.




Someone once said that the lottery is a tax we impose on people who are bad at maths.


Just look at the people standing in line to pay the tax.




When I was in NUS, I sometimes had to download journal articles for project purposes. Unless I'm mistaken, we weren't allowed to download an entire journal. We had to download them article by article.

Every field has their own premier journal titles. There are several for computing/computer science, personally, I prefer the articles in practitioner journals. Short, more relevant and easier to read (and you don't need to know statistics).

Since my current job has absolutely nothing to do with what I studied in school, it was important for me to be kept in the loop with regards to the latest happenings and developments because I see myself returning to IT/computing somewhere down the line. So I was very glad to see that my employer has a subscription to CACM. And this time, I could download the entire journal. Not the pissy article-by-article nonsense.

I've downloaded all the issues for this year so far. Going to start reading them soon.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:27 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS