Saturday, April 12, 2008  

[Random ramblings...]

Took the following pictures on a bus today.


With the ever-increasing bus fares, the least they could do is to do something about the cleanliness of the buses.


I guess they are too busy counting their takings to worry about cleanliness.




Ikea's restaurant is undergoing renovation, so we went to a nearby food-court instead. It's been recently renovated as well. If at all possible, I don't want to ever eat at that food-court ever again. Here's why.

I think that if you're observant enough, it can be easy to spot the manager at a food-court. He may be the only guy in a long-sleeved shirt and tie, talking to one of the cleaners every once in a while. Or he would be the guy walking around and talking to the stall-holders. Whatever.

The manager of said food-court is a real prick.

When I was about to order food at a particular stall, he was talking to the stall-holder. I couldn't hear what he was saying, but there was something about him that made me dislike with him from the on-start. When he was done, he saw me, and said very loudly to the stall-holder, "Take the order!" What's his problem? Hell, if it wasn't for him, the guy would have taken my order already.

When I got my food and sat down at my table, I noticed that the table in the corner seems to be occupied by students doing school-work. Truth be told, I didn't think it was right of them to do that. It was dinner-time on a Saturday evening, it isn't right to take up a table for such a purpose.

A few moments later, the unpleasant manager came up to that table and told them to leave. I didn't hear what he said, but he didn't seem like the kind who would ask nicely. The moment he turned his face from the student at the table, he shouted to some people standing a distance away, "There! Sit there!" (at the student's table) The student was still there, with a horrified look on his/her (can't remember) face. Even if the students were being inconsiderate, as the manager of the food-court, this wasn't the way to go about solving the situation. You're in customer service. Ask nicely. Don't ask like an Ah Beng. So that on your own time. And anyway, you're in your 30s and wearing black plastic glasses. That's just not...right.

It was at this very moment when the student's friend came back with a tray of food.

Talk about being 0wn3d. On your own turf, too.




I was at the photocopy shop yesterday to get my certs and transcripts printed. I've ran out of copies and I have two interviews next week.

It's one of those typical neighbourhood photocopy shops which also printed photos and took passport photos. This auntie in her 30s wanted to print some photos she took using her phone. It was a high-end Nokia phone. Series 60. Can't remember the exact model.

The shopkeeper asked her to remove her memory card. She said she didn't know how. The shopkeeper asked her to turn on her bluetooth. She asked, "Si mi see bluetooth?"

The shopkeeper tried directing her, but got nowhere. In the end, I said I knew how, and I took the phone and turned on bluetooth for her.

I don't get it. Why do such people pay so much money for a phone with so many features that they don't need? Better yet, don't know how to use?




Why would someone open the letter-box on their way out, take out the letters, put in into their bags, go out, come home, then take out the letters?

Wouldn't it make more sense to check for new mail when you return? Or if you just need to know if you have new mail, checking it when you leave is one thing...But why would you carry it with you to where ever you were going, and then back home again? Why not just leave it in the letter-box?

I don't get it.




Why would someone complain about updating his/her bank account passbook and "not getting the government money"? The "government money" won't come before the end of the month. Are you spastic? Or do you not know how to tell time or read a calendar?

Why would someone lament that he/she is getting less "government money" than her spouse, who isn't working? You're still working, and you get a decent pay-cheque every month, which is more than whatever amount the government is giving this time. Why would you lament on and on about this and compare yourself with your retired spouse who has no monthly income but is getting more "government money" than you?

I don't get it.

^^^ by Locksley @ 10:27 PM. 2 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

I like reading letters on the bus. So I tend to take them on the way out.
Well, the person I'm talking about doesn't read them on the bus. This person keeps it nicely and brings it back home.
[<---Back to Main]
RSS