Tuesday, April 08, 2008  

[One month on...]

I've been on my new Internet plan for about a month now. It's with the same ISP (Singnet), except that I've downgraded from 3.5MBPS to 1MBPS. Saved $17/mth in the process.

All in all, I'm not entirely pleased with it. I have this software that lets me see the amount of bandwidth used instantaneously (as opposed to averaged out values that you see in the IE download dialog). When I was on the 3.5MBPS plan, the speeds I get were constant. That is to say, for example, I'm watching videos on Youtube. The file is coming in at a constant speed, with very little variation. Now on the 1MBPS plan, the file will come in in "spikes". Which sucks. I'm not very sure, but I think this has something to do with latency.

Web browsing's okay, though. 1MBPS is more than enough. Downloading huge files is a pain.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:11 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS