Wednesday, March 26, 2008  

[New printer!]

Well, sort of.

The service-person came to my place earlier to take a look at my printer. He took out the imaging unit and then the transfer belt. The transfer belt was pretty much destroyed.



He only brought along a new transfer belt, which was disappointing because I had hoped to get a new imaging unit as well. Changing these two components would effectively mean that I'm getting a new printer.

So I was glad to see that whatever was caught in the imaging unit pretty much ruined it as well. The service-person went down to his truck and brought up a new imaging unit. Yay? Nope, not yet.

With the two new components installed, I turned on the printer. The imaging unit's page count has been reset, but not the transfer belt. For those who are unaware, laser printers are programmed to stop working after a certain number of pages. In this case, if both the page counts of the imaging unit and transfer belt were both reset, then it would be just like getting a new printer. But no, the page count for the transfer belt stayed the same.

I'm not sure what this means, but the page count is pretty close to the limit. The limit was 12,500 pages for colour and 20,000 for black/white. The page count for the transfer belt right now is about 11,000+.

I'm curious to know what would happen when the numbers hit the limit. I'm also curious to know why the transfer belt's page count did not reset when a new one has been installed. I'm thankful, though, that Samsung decided that they would replace these two consumables for free.

^^^ by Locksley @ 2:30 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS