Monday, March 03, 2008  

[Is it not working?]

In the past, I've poked fun at people who arrive at traffic light crossings or lift landings and then pressed the buttons for either the traffic light or the lift furiously. I always thought, wouldn't the people who were already there have pressed the button?

I take back all the stuff I said about such people. No, not really...Okay, maybe just half of what I said.

I went running today. Excellent, cool weather. When I got to the lift landing, there was a girl there but she walked away when she saw me and stood at the corridor, looking outwards (is there such a word?) and seemingly uninterested about the lift. Whatever. Anyway, I realised that she hasn't pressed the button for the lift.

Later on, I was at a traffic light crossing with a family of three when my phone rang. I walked a short distance away so that I could hear the caller more clearly. When I was done with my call, I went back and the family was still there and the mother was lamenting, "So long already, are the traffic lights not working?" At this time, I need to point out that four teenagers have arrived at the crossing as well.

I looked at the traffic light button. No one's pressed the button the entire time. When you do, the red light comes on. It wasn't.

So I take back half of what I said about people who arrive late at a lift landing or traffic light crossing. There actually are people who are silly enough to stand there without having pressed any of the buttons.

Man...This is a boring post. I need to get a job soon.

^^^ by Locksley @ 7:18 PM. 0 comments.
[Read Comments] [Post Comments]


[Comments]

[<---Back to Main]
RSS